I was listening to the radio and the station had a guest speaker. The speaker was talking about this new social networking website. However, I can't remember the name of the site. It was either "Life Language" or Language Life...I think. The site was all about video recording your daily life and then posting it on the website. When I heard this I thought why would anyone want to watch other peoples lives when they don't even have enough time for their own. But on the other hand if a teacher wanted to use this it could be a handy tool. However, there could be safety concerns.
I was curious with what other social networking sites were out there so I found this list from Wikipedia. Whats so cool about this list is that is shows where in the world it is most popular and how many people use it and what the main focus of the website is. I believe facebook was the most used one. Take a look its interesting.
Monday, February 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree, I think that people are crazy to want to watch other people's lives. However, I also think that many people want to know everything about everyone else so that they don't have to deal with the problems in their own life. It nice to live vicariously through others especially in a save online environment. Those that post things, well they are just either desperate for attention or crazy... ha ha. I could totally seeing the idea spring into the "next big thing."
ReplyDeleteIt is interesting to look up a list of social networking sights, I really only think of My Space and Facebook. But it is true their are more. I also like the fact that it show where it is most popular. :)
Thanks Melissa, you never cease to crack me up.. ha ha